Sunday, November 1, 2009

BEHIND THE MASKS - It Was 50 Years Ago

November 1 marked the 50th Anniversary of Jacques Plante donning the goalie mask. His bold move (at the time) revolutionized the way the position was played and saved a lot of players a lot of stitches.

My intention was to do a story on the anniversary, but sadly I was working for most of the day. I will do my best to put the piece together over the next day or two.

I hope everyone had a chance to read some interesting articles or watch some good features and/or documentaries on the subject.

The NHL Network had two hour long docs on the mask. I taped them....so don't ruin it for me. You can check out one of the docs below at nhl.com. Enjoy.



Just a heads up...I am having problems connecting to the video (possibly the demand is too high). If you are having troubles, you might have to navigate to nhl.com and go to the video section directly (just click the "NHL Network Online" words at the top right of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment