Thursday, November 5, 2009

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 1997/98 Donruss Priority Stamp Of Approval

This week's Trevor Linden card goes down as one of my favorite numbered parallel cards. Eye-catching (trust me, the scan does not do it justice).


1997/98 Donruss Priority
Stamp of Approval /100


The regular issue of this card was a short-printed card in the set and the parallel was even tougher to track down. The first time I saw it though (on ebay), I knew that I'd be the winning bidder.

It's a gorgeous design for a card with the die-cut "stamp" feel (I've seen it done before and since - and not nearly as impressive - but this one was bang on) and silver reflective surface...which apparently scans horribly.

It's cards like this that make me go back into my Linden collection over and over and really enjoy looking at the cards. I know a lot of collectors that get their cards and simply put them in a box and put it into a closet. For them (and for me) a big part of the collecting is the hunt for the item.

I'm lucky enough to have that extra added value....I often go back and enjoy the cards I've acquired.

Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment