Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!!! - Doug Gilmour

Last weekend, I spent some time going through some of my old sets that I'm packing up to get rid of. Oh, did it bring back memories.

I came across a few gems that will pop up on this blog over the next while.

This next card though was a lock for "first up". When I think hockey cards, this image did not (and will never) come to mind.


1992/93 Pinnacle Sidelines
#233 Doug Gilmour

Oh baby..."Killer" is on top of his game in this photo.

This subset was designed to showcase players that "did stuff" outside of playing hockey. This pic was hands down the worst.

The back of the card states "Doug has already become a leading man in Toronto. It shouldn't be long, though, before he receives top billing on the silver screen."

This hockey card throws the word "type-cast" all over his face. Yikes.

What makes it all even better....I'm pretty sure my grandma has the same pink scarf.

This card should have remained on the cutting room floor.

Pffttttttttt! To the bike spokes you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment