Saturday, March 20, 2010

Raise The Cup - Darren McCarty

Just the one addition today. Found it as I was sorting through base cards.


Did you know that Darren McCarty has 4 Stanley Cup rings? I remember one memorable one.

June 7, 1997 he scored a beauty of a goal - the Cup clinching goal - in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Philadelphia Flyers ending the Wings' 42-year Cup drought.


Sweet goal! The photo in the card is from the same game - nice.

Raise the Cup collection - 8 cards

3 comments:

  1. I have that entire set and I think there are several more cards showing Wings players raising the cup. Konstantinov is the only one that comes to mind right now, but I'm pretty sure there are several others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have the full set, so I don't know for sure, but you are right about the Konstantinov. He's one of the 8 cards in my 'One Sheet, One Set' project for that card release. Was thinking of swapping it out, but instead I'm just going to keep my eye out for another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that goal was sweet. forgot that it was hextall in net! that dude was around forever!

    ReplyDelete