Saturday, April 3, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 1996/97 Score Check-It

This week's Linden card is one of a zillion inserts from the mid-90's. So many products...so many releases.


1996/97 Score
Check-It #10

A lot of the insert sets of the time had some pretty 'specific criteria'. Facial hair, fast skater, wears a helmet (I kid you not....go check some of them out). One example that Trevor landed in, the Check-It release from Score. By looking at the card, you can see that it focuses on the 'hard checking toughness that a player possesses'.

One problem - Linden is not an overly physical player.

80 PIM's in one season is the most Trevor had and I think I can count on one hand the number of times he dropped the gloves (and he was NOT a good fighter).

Now, I was trying to think of why Linden might be a part of this Check-It series. It wasn't hard to figure out.

Back in the 1995 playoffs, the Canucks were meeting the Blues in the first round. All I have to say is - Jeff Norton.



This hit was so famous, it was named one of 16 memorable moments during the Trevor Linden retirement ceremony in December of 2008.

It's a beauty of a hit. That's the only reason why I picked the card...I wanted to see Jeff go through the glass again.

No comments:

Post a Comment