Sunday, November 7, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Yet Another Certified

It was a rare Saturday mailday after a quick trip to the postal outlet and a quick signature. The card I have been anticipating arrived.

And yes.....it is yet another Certified.

But there's no doubt it is a big enough card to feature in a mailpost.


2010/11 Panini Certified
#170 Mirror Emerald /5

Yes, it is the second Certified card /5 I have landed in less than a month. To have both of these cards crossed off the wantlist so quickly is frankly ridiculous.


The story of how I acquired it is another one of those 'right place, right time' moments.

I had posted my success in obtaining the Mirror Emerald Autograph earlier in the month. One of the responders noted that he had the unsigned version /5. It was a simple no-brainer move to contact him to try and work out a trade.

He indicated that he would like to trade it for a Penguins card /5 from the same product. Fair enough....the hunt was on.

I quickly found a Malkin patch card /5 on ebay that was within a reasonable price (considering how much the Linden would have gone for in the open market).

I threw a price on the Malkin hoping to land it. I ended up getting an e-mail from the seller asking if I had just submitted an offer on the card. Guess what....the seller was the same guy that I got the autographed version Linden /5 just a few weeks earlier.

Small world.

We quickly made another transaction and I was able to personally pick up the Malkin card in person. What a huge time saver and risk cutter.

A deal to secure the above Linden was made (I actually got a second card in the deal as well) and we shipped off the cards.

I sent via expresspost (which I didn't realize was so expensive) which was worth it as I wanted to make sure there were no hiccups in the shipping.

The card arrived and I picked it up from the post office Saturday. I had to pay a bit for customs, but it was worth it.

I now have both Lindens /5 for less than the price I was willing to pay for just one of them at the start of the season.

Now to find the elusive 1/1's. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the Certified pickups, I wish I could make that kind of progress with Jimmy, haven't even come up with the base yet.

    ReplyDelete