Sunday, October 30, 2011

RAISE THE CUP - A Little Peach Fuzz

What a great weekend! The weather is awesome (I contemplated breaking out the golf clubs one more time), I spent some time with my niece and nephew, I watched a couple movies, caught a couple games on TV, went to a card show and most importantly - I did not work a single second.

Oh how I have missed you weekends.

This afternoon, I'm hanging out watching some football and getting caught up with my hockey cards. It's an escape day.

First post - more Cup raisers.

I picked up these three from the show I went to yesterday. This first one though was a neat find.


2011/12 O-Pee-Chee
#49 Marc-Andre Fleury (playoff beard variation)

This was an insert set I was unaware of until yesterday. The first 50 cards in this year's OPC set has a duplicate insert. The card looks the same say for the silver writing of the player's name and the different photo.

The photos in these parallel cards all show the players sporting their playoff beards (except for a few of the Penguins young ones......there's a difference between a beard and peach fuzz).

I thought it was a neat idea and picked up a few more for my 'One Sheet, One Set' project. Sadly, I only picked up 7 more, leaving this Fleury card in limbo. Do I put it in the 'Raise The Cup' pc or the 'One Sheet, One Set' pc?

Stanley Cup set is where it will go.


2008/09 Upper Deck
Montreal Canadiens Centennial Set
Coupe Stanley Cup #198 Yvon Cournoyer

Another one from 'The Roadrunner'. I like this pic. I just wanted it a tad wider so I could see the whole Cup.

A great card from a fantastic set. A must for any Montreal fan IMO.

Man some of these guys have a lot of rings.


2005/06 Upper Deck
Power Play Cup Celebrations
#123 Wayne Gretzky

Last but certainly not least - another one from The Great One.

I never lose interest when I see a shot of Wayne raising the Cup. This set from Power Play is a definite favorite of mine. Finding this Gretzky for half price was a nice bonus at the card show.

Three more for the binder.

Current Collection - 61 cards

No comments:

Post a Comment