Thursday, April 5, 2012

LINDEN CARD(s) OF THE WEEK - No Joke......x2

I'm making this one short and sweet.

Last week, In The Game released its Captain-C product.  In it were a pair of Linden cards that had me do the ol' jaw drop.

I was stunned to see that less than 24 hours after the product hit the shelves, one of those cards hit ebay.  And I had the radar on - big time.

The next morning (for some reason, I woke up early on Saturday....weird), I saw the other one of these two cards on ebay.....with a Buy It Now that was reasonable enough for me to hit it (by 'reasonable' I mean....if I didn't snag it right then and there - it would be gone in a matter of minutes).

So now I'm sitting with one in my pocket and the other about to end the next night.  So I had my radar on even more.

So much so that I let all the other Linden collectors know that I was bidding  - and big - to complete the 'set'.

I was pretty nervous watching the end of the auction, and thankfully I got the card for a decent price.

Today, both copies were sitting at the post office ready for me to pick up.

How excited was I?  I was opening bubble envelopes on the post office's counter.

And then it was a quick trip directly home to scan the cards in and encase them in protective cases.

Without further ado.....here are the newest additions to the family.


2011/12 In The Game Captain-C
Captain's C
#CC-23 Top Half & Bottom Half  1/2 & 2/2

I........AM........PUMPED!!!!!!!!

These cards look absolutely stunning in person.  The big patch windows, the obvious design elements that make the pair just pop, but most importantly - this is the 'C' that comes from Linden's jersey.  The symbol of leadership on (and off) the ice.

If these are the only two cards I get from this product....I'd be happy.

(But we all know that's not going to happen).

11 comments:

  1. I am not a jersey/patch/relic guy, but those cards...MAN, THOSE CARDS!

    I can't believe I am saying this, but these two > the quad auto you just got.

    Truly a unique piece and, in my opinion, puts you at the top of the Linden collector list. May the others bow in your presence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome haul---now you have to preface everything with its not a joke---congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. meh... not bad. Now you need the A, N, U, C, K and S.

    Now THAT would be impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve those cards!

    Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a sick duo of cards my friend; I can't put into words just what I want to say - it's the 'C' straight off is freaking jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow most impressive player collection I've seen. Congrats to you for those and here's to many more!

    Those colours are what I think of when I think of the Canucks and the 90s. But that "C" is more than just hockey cards its Canucks history!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the 'C' is representative of so many things. It's definitely what appealed to me the most.

    It's still got me speechless.

    Thanks for the comments everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Can you die happy now??? Is there a bigger Linden collector out there? If so, did he willingly step aside for you or did it slip under his radar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 3 or 4 Linden collectors that chase the rare ones (a couple of them go after them as aggressively as me...if not more).

      I put the mass e-mail out to all of them that I would be taking a run at the second half (once I won the first half).

      I know that saved me a good chunk of coin.

      Delete