Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ARTICLES: How It's Made - Ryan Kesler Stick Card

For a couple of years now, Panini has been maintaining a blog dedicated to not just the cards and products they create, but to many others aspects of the hobby.  From collector features to signing sessions, box breaks to video tours, Panini has really been at the front of the pack when it comes to this aspect of social media.

I just finished watching a 10-minute video that I found so interesting, I thought I'd share it with you all.

This video shows the entire process (and I mean ENTIRE) of getting a Ryan Kesler stick card into this year's Dominion product.

Sit back and enjoy.


Thanks very much Panini for taking the time to document something like this.  As a person who is incredibly interested in the "behind-the-scenes" aspect of sportscard development, I found this video to be right up my alley.

If I could suggest a future video...I'd love to see some of the graphic designers in action as they develop the "look" for an upcoming release.

Now THAT I would completely geek out to.

3 comments:

  1. meh.... looks just like how I do it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to the punch, I was gonna post about the same video! I thought it was so cool seeing how much time goes into making a hockey card!

    ReplyDelete