Monday, December 10, 2012

LINDEN CARD OF THE YEAR - The "Worst of" Edition

I've been fortunate to pick up some pretty nice cards for my Trevor Linden collection over the years.  Some have even been stunning enough to be given the moniker of 'Linden Card of the Year'.

This past weekend I came across a card that instantly had me think "This is definitely worthy of an award".  Sadly, it's not the award I'd like to give a Linden card.

Worst card of the year!

In fact, I'd go so far as saying it's the worst Trevor Linden card I've ever seen.

2012 Leaf Executive Collection Masterpiece
Dual Cut Auto
Trevor Linden/Pavel Bure  1/1

Yup.  You're reading that right.  A 1/1 cut auto.  Just look at it.  Clearly the signature was taken from a photo where Tim Horton's happens to plastered on the boards behind where the autograph was placed.

And it gets worse.

If you caught that I said 'dual auto', here's the Bure...

Are you kidding me?!!!

What floors me even more is that the card is currently up for auction with a price tag of $375.  I wouldn't even pay a quarter of the price.  I don't even care that it's a 1/1.

I've got a big beef with cut autos of guys who are still alive.  If a card company wants to put an auto of a certain players on a card - then get the guy to sign the card.  Stickers would even be somewhat acceptable as well - but we're talking a 1/1.

What a joke of a card.

Sadly, I'll be adding it to my wantlist, but the price tag on it will have to drop considerably before I even THINK about making an offer.

Worst card of the year.

Worst card EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Worst. Card. Ever.

    I just don't get cut signatures of living people; it makes zero sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would they make cards like that?
    It seriously doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete