Thursday, March 28, 2013

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Cup Base..... Finally

One of the monthly trade nights normally hits on the third Wednesday of each month.  But with the Industry Summit in Las Vegas last week there was a one week postponement.  And I'm happy I asked before heading down (she's a bit of a drive).

That meant a few extra days to get my ducks in a row, a few extra days before I dropped off that custom Iginla and a few extra days before receiving a nice little gift myself.

Most of the trade night regulars know by now that I collect Linden and are eager to help out when they find a card I might need.  Sometimes it's a copy I already have but on occasion there's one that's eluded me.

2011/12 Upper Deck The Cup
#86 base card  /249

OK....maybe not "eluded me" in the sense that I couldn't find a copy.  But Seeing a few copies pop up on ebay, I refused to pay $8-10 for a copy (and then another $4-7 for shipping) - it just wasn't going to happen.

I decided to play the patience game (I'm learning) and just wait for a copy to poke its head out locally.  It took a little longer than I expected, but the waiting paid off.

A great gift, the person who gave it to me said he picked it up as a throw-in in a trade he made.  Awesome.

I'm really happy to cross this one off the list and it'll be a great story to reminisce about every time I take a look at this card.  One of Trev's big pieces of cardboard.....his first ever Cup base card.

No comments:

Post a Comment