Friday, September 13, 2013

BEHIND THE MASKS - A Couple Early Morning Shows

It's a day off for me today and I couldn't be happier.  After some non-stop work grind (coming off a nice golf vacation) my brain is in a bit of a haze.  Three days to hit the reset button is a nice treat this time of year.

So what will my day consist of today?  Well....I do have a lot of stuff that's been neglected here in the home.  I'll at least ponder the thought of doing something about it.

In the meantime, I'll do up a nice blog post about a couple cards I traded for at last month's trader night.

Mask cards are always an eye-catcher for me.  With mask sets seemingly everywhere today, you'd think that would be enough to keep me busy.  Well, I'm an uber-casual mask collector.  I basically won't snag cards on the wantlist unless somebody physically waves them in front of me.

So I add to the list.....but snagging cards that have a nice shot of the player's mask on the front.  Over the years I've picked up a couple hundred "mask" cards and one day I might catalogue them.

For now.....they'll just go in the monster box with all the others.

This Ilya Bryzgalov card comes from the recent ITG Heroes and Prospects Draft Update product.  The purple mask is the first thing that caught my eye.  For what I gave up.....it was a no-brainer.

This Grant Fuhr card is one that I thought looked really cool.  The area around Fuhr's photo is see-through which really makes the pic pop.

I like the design and concept of this set and really the only miss is that Fuhr's photo comes from a practice.  If only he was wearing an Oilers jersey.

Still, another great card to add to the box.

Now........what to do next today?

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Very good suggestion.....but no.

      I have engrossed myself into the best book I've ever read.

      Must finish novel first!

      Hope to see you tomorrow at the ARC.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry, did you say "BEST book you EVER read"?

      that sir, is high praise indeed.

      Delete
    3. Yes. Unfortunately it's not the WHA book you lent me........it's the other one I'm tackling this month.

      But I'm still excited about The Rebel League. For real.

      Delete
    4. Oh......and I lugged the TV up from the basement.

      The sweet glow of the plasma screen (or LED...or whatever) has returned.

      Good to see you again old friend.

      Delete