Monday, April 7, 2014

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - A Gold Cup

I'm slowly getting some hockey card housecleaning in order.  Does that mean my collection is a little more organized?  Not yet.  But soon.  For reals.

OK.....I don't know when I'll get around to it, but a little is better than none.

I've been transferring some of my Linden cards out of magnetic one touch holders and have been putting them into regular toploaders.  In the past, I would put all my memorabilia cards in one touch holders.  But with the wave of jersey cards now upon us, I have decided to be a little more selective with what gets put where.

It was crazy to think that a $1 jersey card was getting the royal treatment while my quad auto /5 was getting slipped into a simple toploader.  Well that all changed this past weekend.  Now, all the "bigger ticket" cards are in the one touch holders and the rest are in toploaders.

Simple as that.

I also did a tiny bit of blog cleaning.  I don't have a huge blogroll on the right hand side of the site, but decided to remove a couple of blogs (please....no offense) and added a few new reads.

I have always been intrigued by a couple of blogs written by one "cynical buddah".  His Rollie Fingers collection and Robin Yount collection are ones that I truly enjoy reading about.  It makes me feel like I'm not the only crazy one chasing endless cards of a certain guy.

I like checking out all the blogs listed on the side and urge you all to hunt down more fun reading material.

Now......on with the show.

Today was a one card mailday and while the card itself doesn't have any huge patch or a wicked auto, it does knock another one off the list.

2012/13 Upper Deck The Cup
#85 base gold  /25

It's a nice looking base card parallel and in fact I forgot that I needed it.  I've passed on a few copies recently thinking I already had it (and that doesn't happen too much).

When this copy popped up, I had to ask about the odd line in the upper left corner.  The seller (whom I later learned is a member of the hobby boards I belong to...and have known for a bit) let me know that it appeared to be a printing defect as opposed to damage from mishandling.  The moment I knew who the seller was.....I knew I'd be bidding on the piece.

The auction ended and I won the card for a decent price.  A few days later and here we are.

Simple as that.

This puts me one step closer to finishing the second year of Cup (non 1/1) cards.  It was a much better chase in comparison to year one.  Only 4 cards to chase as opposed to 11.  The crazy thing is that the one last card I need.........the regular base card.

Is that patience or just laziness?

Speaking of....I've got to get back to cleaning up my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment