Sunday, November 2, 2014

HHOF AUTOS - Another Upgrade

Trade nights always allow me the chance to rummage through other people's stuff.  I like that.  Especially when I find something that might fit better in my collection than their trade box.

One of the projects I most hope to add to is my HHOF Autos since I am only allowed to trade for these cards.

Last spring I hauled in a huge lot which included a Luc Robitaille card that I was a little wishy-washy on.  The headshot photo was alright.....but that's about it - alright.

Well, I can now put that card in my trade box since I have found a much more suitable replacement.

Luc Robitaille
(Inducted in 2009)

The Prime Signatures sets put out by Panini in numerous years are some solid, hard-signed autograph cards.  Simple, which allows the signature to be the star.

And boy did Luc ever take advantage of that.

He's taken up the full lower half of the card with his autograph.  There's good "inkage" as the sharpie seems to have held up (I always get worried about bubbling or streaking (things that make a for a less-than-solid signature).

A quick and easy trade has now brought this card into my collection where it will sit with 59 others.  I took a look through those as well today and I'm really happy with the progress I have made on this set.

All hard signed, all Hall Of Famers, all acquired via trade.

Now that's just plain fun.

Current Collection - 60 HOF Autos

No comments:

Post a Comment