Sunday, December 14, 2014

RAISE THE CUP - A Carter Kiss

I've been slow on the draw when it comes to showing off this card.  I've had it now for a good 2-3 weeks and I'm tired of it sitting on my desk.

Actually, I'm tired of the 6 or 7 piles of cards sitting on my desk.  This one single piece of cardboard really doesn't bug me too much.

But it's been scanned and in draft mode here for far too long.  So let's end that.

Once again, Upper Deck has put a strong focus on photography when it comes to its flagship hockey product.  I've sifted through a number of cards from the set and I must say it's a little hit and miss.

A unique or new camera angle is always interesting (and appreciated), but when it's done to 3...4...5 players in the set, it grows old - quick.  That's the case with the 14/15 issue of UDI.

This Jeff Carter offering though does have a unique feel to it.  And the timing on the photo is about as good as it can get when snagging a pic of Carter with the Cup.

With a lot of cards in my Raise The Cup project, the shot is a little wider, more of a full body shot.  I like the closeup feel of this photo.  An intimate moment showing a true pinnacle moment.  Nice.

That logo on the bottom of the Cup is so perfect, I wonder if it was Photoshopped in after the fact?  I'll be honest, I've never noticed that logo on the bottom of the Cup before.  Is it there when the guys are parading around the ice?

I'll have to do some detective work.

Until then....into the binder you go.

Current Collection - 117 cards

1 comment:

  1. yeah... in the age of branding everything with a logo or an advertisement, the logo was added to the cup the last time they added a new ring.

    ReplyDelete