Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WALLET CARD - It Has Begun

I picked up my #WalletCard from work today.

To refresh everyone's memory, it a very good condition 1976 Topps Oscar Gamble baseball card #74T. Stunning afro and all.

It had been on my desk at work snuggled in "The Shrine" during my break for the Christmas season.  It was waiting patiently for me all these days.

It was the obvious choice for me when it came time to decide on a card for this year-long exercise....even coming from a guy who is primarily a hockey card collector.

First off - the card is just stunning.  A total eye-catcher.  Second, it was a gift from a fellow blogger and is a wonderful reminder of what I enjoy in this hobby.  Good people, honest fun.

The card has now found a home in my wallet.  It's a bit of a tight fit, but it'll work.

And if Oscar should sustain a little nick here or there.....I think it will just add to the incredible character this card has.


For those of you who want to follow Oscar and I over the course of the year, he decided that a personalized Twitter account was in order.  You can either search @OscarGamblesFro or click on the baseball card on the right-hand side of this blog.  It'll take you there.

I plan on updating both the Twitter account and this blog regularily - so be sure to check back often.

Should be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment