Monday, February 16, 2015

VOICES OF THE GAME - Pete Weber

It's been a quiet long weekend for me.  I've turned the corner on a bit of a cold that has been floating around work.  A dose of television watching and fluids last night seems to have done the trick.  BTW....that SNL 40th Anniversary special was a little weak, say for Bill Murray who was outstanding.  I can still hear it in my head...... "JJJAAAAAAAWWWWWWSSSS".  Brilliant.

Anyways, Saturday's card show was not bad in terms of pickups.  I started my Oscar Gamble player collection in fine form, I snagged a few traders (which I'm hoping to parlay into some pc items at trade night this week) and I saw this add in the loonie box.

2010/11 Panini Crown Royale
Voices Of The Game
#4 Pete Weber

Originally stickered at $15, it's clear that this card just doesn't hold much desirability in the world of card collecting.  And a quick ebay search confirms that.  Heck, I might have overpaid for this auto.

In all honesty, I'm not turning down this card for a buck.  It fits right into the broadcasters collection I'm (very passively) building.  And it gives me a chance to learn a little bit more about one of the voices working in the NHL.

From the card back...

"The 'Voice of the Predators' entered his 13th season as the team's play-by-play announcer in 2010.  He blends knowledgable insight with a quirky sense of humor.  If a 'makeup call' is made during a game, Weber will quip that 'it's Mary Kay time here in Nashville'."

Alright then.  Not much more to say about that.

I'll show my age here a bit....when I first saw the name Pete Weber, this was the image that entered my brain.



His '96 mullet is legendary.

Good ol' Pete Weber.........bowling's badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment