Wednesday, March 8, 2017

SIGNATURE CHAMPIONS - Chris Chelios

Let's keep the show & tell posts from my card show haul going.

I may not have picked much up, but what I did get I'm happy to add to the various pc's in my hobby world.

I've said it a few times.....the 2014/15 Upper Deck Premier Signature Champions set might be one of the nicest auto sets I've seen.  As you all know I'm a sucker for the Stanley Cup shots and the hard signed autos make this a great build.

Some tough cards to chase, but I'm in no rush.  I added an easier one from the show.

This Chris Chelios comes from his days as a Detroit Red Wing (would've preferred him in a Habs jersey) but boy does this photo ever look good.  Look at all the action behind him....everyone clamouring for the best shot.  Looks like the photog who took this pic got "the one".

It's numbered to 99 copies (one of the easier to chase in the set) but the asking price was a little more than I wanted to spend.  I think I caved because I had just sold a card a few minutes beforehand and had some extra cash in my pocket.  A dangerous mix.

And of course a quick check on completed eBay sales confirm that I paid too much.  Hate to say it....but this is just not a $20 card.

Except to me.  But I guess it could be worse.

Not huge buyer's remorse.....but a little.

In the end I'm glad to cross another one off the list from this set.  It's coming along nicely.


Current Collection - 8 of 42  (19%)

8 comments:

  1. NO NO NO.

    Not Habs.
    Not Dead Wings.
    BLACKHAWKS! He grew up in Evergreen Park, 6 or 7 miles from where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got a good photo of Chelios in a Hawks sweater raising the Cup????

      :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe not a shot of Chelios but, goodness knows there's plenty of other Hawks raising the Cup.

      Delete
  2. The photographer definitely caught the "money shot" there. It's just too bad Chelios never got the opportunity to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup in a Blackhawks sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. One of the nicest sets ever produced. You did kinda overpay but, still a sweet addition to the collection and another one checked off the list. Well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....my buyers remorse is growing a bit more. It'll make me more cautious in the future.

      Delete
    2. Bah! If it's worth 20 to you then it's worth 20! Deal are great but I'm sure many have sold for more than that too over the years. Just a kick ass card and enough said.

      Delete
    3. Where's the "like" button....great comment.

      Delete