Saturday, March 5, 2022

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Hockey Card Day

Hello everyone. I hope all is well with you. It's been a busy last few weeks and haven't had much time to devote to my hockey cards, but some recent activity on my eBay timeline had me add some spring to my step.

While I might not be picking up cards at the pace I used to a decade ago, I still check eBay multiple times a day. Often, I find cards that are either overpriced (in my opinion) or new items that are still in that initial wave of frenzy. Recently, there hasn't been much excitement in the new listings at all (same old stuff showing up). That is until about a week and a half ago.

Trev has found his way into the new OPC product with a manufactured patch trophy card - I was very surprised to see it...and am looking forward to picking that one up soon (hopefully at a local show this spring). But the card that really had me going was this one...

2022 Upper Deck
#CAN-13 National Hockey Card Day
Hockey Heroes

I was legitimately confused when I first saw all the postings selling NHCD sets. Never in a million years did I expect him to make it on the checklist...but here we are.

And I am THRILLED. I couldn't wait to pick up a copy. I would've loved to have opened it up in a pack...but that wasn't to be. Thankfully, my local shop kept a copy aside for me and I picked it up a couple days ago.

This card has me just as excited as any other card I have picked up in the past 6 months...maybe even more excited. It really reinforces just how much I love collecting Linden cards.

It's a cool card design, inserted into a product that thousands of people (a lot of kids) opened last weekend. Most probably were happy to see it only to finish their set, but I hope there were a few that actually took a moment to look into who he was as a player.

Very, very pumped to add this one to the collection.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pickup! That's really cool that he is a part of that set for you.

    Do you like that they show him in the Orca jersey, or would you have preferred the older jersey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Older jersey all the way…but I’m just happy that he’s in there.

      And the white Orca kind of fits with the card design and colours.

      Delete