Saturday, February 6, 2010

Custom Creations: I was sweating this one!

I've been working on a number of custom cards for someone who has trusted me with some pretty cool items.

A while back I showed you a Maurice Richard cut auto and a Jean-Guy Talbot cut auto. Although I was pretty nervous putting the cards together, I was confident in my technique since I was able to practice with photocopies.

The card I tackled today really tested my nerves.


This was a one-shot only deal. I had spent days trying to figure out the best way to assemble this card without completely butchering it.

Needless to say I was extremely relieved when I finally punched it through my die-cutter. The back is just slightly off center, but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.

It's a really cool piece I think. I did some research on the concert that this ticket was for. It was one of the last ever concerts put on by the 'Fab Four'. It was less than 2 weeks later that The Beatles played their final concert in front of a paying audience.

Pretty neat.

7 comments:

  1. looks pretty cool... you should do a video of a "how to" with you using your cutter etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    The die-cutter is for the total card (2.5x3.5 inches) whereas I use a combination of precision scissors and an exacto knife to cut the hole for the ticket (or auto).

    The die-cutter has a story in itself that I'll sure to be sharing one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and every day, the blogosphere-ites prove they are more talented than I am.

    That looks awesome!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay man, that's just sick! tell me you copied that design from somthing or i may have to shoot myself, cause that's the only way i could do it! great idea, though. i've got tons of old ticket stubs..maybe i can do something with them now. and by the way you gotta start showing the backs of these cards, too...if its not too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get some inspiration from some Beatles books that I borrowed from the library.

    As for the backs of the cards...you make a good point. I will do my best to remember to scan them in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing that die-cutter story! :)

    ReplyDelete