Monday, July 19, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 2001/02 BAP Signature Beckett Promo

Alright! This weekend brought with it a Linden card that I honestly never thought I'd be able to track down.

It's almost 10 years now since it's release and this is the first copy for it I have ever seen.

As well, this card epitomizes one of the big reasons I love to collect Linden cards.


2001/02 Be A Player Signature
#125 Beckett Promo

To those not in the know, this card looks like every other base card in the set. Nothing special, nothing to write home about.

But wait, let's take a look at the back of the card.


Well, well. It seems these seven little letters 'BECKETT' have created a card that is much desirable to me.

This card was an insert in Beckett magazines and in fact, the ebay auction that I won was for the card still in the magazine. I was struggling with whether or not to remove it from the magazine. I chose to only because that odds of finding another are slim to none in my books.

How I missed this promotion back in 2002 is beyond me. I thought I had a good grasp on my collection at that point. Apparently not.

The nice thing is I was able to pick up the card (and the magazine) for a whopping 99 cents. I honestly was expecting to pay around $20 for it (and would have gladly).

I was thrilled and excited when I saw the envelope in my mailbox on Friday.

It just goes to show that a simple 99 cent promo card can have as much of a hobby impact on my collection as a high-end jersey card.

I am very glad to knock this one off the list!

2 comments:

  1. The interesting thing about this card is it mentions his return to Vancouver on the back, but nothing on the front indicates the same. No logo change, no note "now with..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I never noticed that.

    I guess a November trade the year before is too late to make a change. :(

    In this day and age...you'd think it could be done quicker.

    ReplyDelete