Saturday, September 18, 2010

1 vs. 100 - A Very Generous Gesture

Not long ago, I hit the milestone halfway mark with my '1 vs. 100' project.

I decided to post my current success on a hobby board that I belong to and immediately received not only congratulations and positive comments, but offers from people indicating they had cards to help out.

I have since made a couple transactions and am working towards a couple more. I definitely have made some good strides in just a few short days.

The two cards that I have in this post are a result of that. But these two cards have a pretty cool story attached to them.

Upon seeing my 'show and tell' post on the boards, one member simply posted that he had a couple cards and asked for my address. That's it.

He wasn't looking for anything in return. He didn't know me at all. He just popped that cards in a bubble envelope and mailed them off. No expectations.

It reinforced my belief that when you do good things - good things will happen. I thanked him very much for the generosity and ensured him that not only will I be returning the gesture down the road - I will be 'passing it forward'.

Not because I feel obligated to, but because I want to. I know how I felt when I received the cards today and I am looking forward to doing the same to someone down the road.

So without further ado.... a simple thank you to Brian and here are the new additions to the project. Ones that will harness a special spot in the collection.


2002-03 UD Foundations
Denis Potvin /95

What a cool photo. I love Potvin's look. Sweet - SWEET card. And it's got a piece of his jersey in it. Love it.


2004-05 SP Game Used Cup Contenders
Todd Bertuzzi /30

While Bertuzzi may not garner the hobby love he once had. This card is no slouch at all. A nice design with yet another piece of jersey. And limited to just 30 copies. What a great add.

Again - Thank you Brian.

52 out of 100 (52%)

3 comments:

  1. I've yet to sort through my numbered cards, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to receive this gift from a fellow collector! Gotta love that Potvin photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one card in my 1 vs. 100 "collection".
    And it's numbered to 100

    ReplyDelete