Tuesday, September 28, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 02/03 BAP Parkhurst Gold

A huge mailday for my Linden collection again today. Another rarity that I questioned would ever get crossed off my list is now scratched.

And yet again.....a fellow hobbyist, a fellow Linden collector has gone above and beyond in helping me out with my player collection.

Last week, I received an e-mail from the guy whom I consider to have the greatest Linden collection - period. He simply asked if my wantlist was up to date.

Immediately, the level of excitement rose as I knew he had something in the cards for me. Soon after, he explained that he purchased a card off ebay knowing the price was too good to pass up and was confident that I needed it.

Sure enough.....it was.


2002/03 BAP Parkhurst
#183 Gold /10

Simply, all he was looking for was to get his money back. He wasn't looking for a profit, he wasn't looking for fanfare, he wasn't looking for anything. He was just simply looking out for another Linden collector...something he has done for all the years that I have known him.


Knowing that there are only 10 copies of this card, the card is almost 10 years old and the fact that I have never seen one come up for sale or trade...it was a no-brainer.

I was thrilled to know that this card was on its way to me.

One small bump in the road....he accidentally wrote the wrong address down on the envelope. Luckily, it was a minor flub and the package still made it to my mailbox safe and sound this afternoon.

It has been a little while since a card this rare has found its way into my hands. In fact, the last time was when I made a monster deal with the same Linden collector last year.

Thanks again Kevin. I have always appreciated your help and am looking forward to the next time we can deal again.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet pickup. It's always nice to hear about things like this, especially with the way so many people use this hobby as a way to just make a quick buck nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Just out of curiosity how often do you check ebay for Linden cards that you need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I check ebay.com about 5-6 times a day. I check ebay.ca once every day.

    I have direct links set up to search for Linden and list according to most recent first.

    It doesn't take long to see if there is any new stuff that catches my eye.

    That said, I know there are others who search even more often.

    ReplyDelete