Monday, October 4, 2010

HOCKEY POOLS: It's That Time Again

Well, last season I was the champion of the one and only pool I participated in. In fact, it was a runaway victory. I defend my championship this year and it will all start at the draft on Wednesday.

But this season, I was also asked by a couple guys at work to set a hockey pool. No prob.

Tonight was the draft for that pool. Eight of us showed up and we drafted 10 forwards, 4 defence and 2 goalies. We will drop the low 2 at the end of the year.

I picked third....I was happy with my draft position. Here are my picks.


I would like to first state that I am not a Leafs fan. I still can't believe I have both Phaneuf and Kessel on my team (and no, that was not said in my bragging voice).

The draft started well for me, but I am not super happy with a couple of my late picks. I forgot guys like Selanne and Comrie (who was going to be my sleeper).

I got caught needing a D-man and goalie as my last 2 picks. The nice thing about the goalie situation is that half way through the draft, I was the only one left that needed a tender. So I could leave it until the final pick and not worry about anyone else choosing one.

That said, Hiller was not high on the radar for me at the start of the draft.

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I'll post my other draft picks later this week after we pick 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment