Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SCRIBBLES & SCRIBES - Sign Of The Times

Another episode of 'Scribbles & Scribes' and yet another appearance by a Sutter.

For the life of me I can't understand why this family can't scratch out a solid signature. My best guess would be that they just have other things on their mind.


Darryl Sutter
SCRIBBLE

On top of not 'staying inside the lines', this autograph just swirls around. I'm a little dizzy looking at this one. Thanks at least for crossing the T's (or whatever letters they are).

Definitely one of the more low-end sigs from an era of top notch autos.


Brian Leetch
SCRIBE

Thank you Brian. Thank you for having a legible autograph. Thank you for spending some quality time and crafting a unique signature. Thank you for taking your hobby collecting audience into consideration when signing your name.

Thank you for a wonderful career in which you won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year (by the way, Trevor Linden was the runner up). Thank you for being at your best during the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals and winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP (by the way, Trevor Linden was on the Vancouver Canucks team that was heartbroken after losing game 7 of the finals).

Thank you Brian Leetch. Thank you.

On second look, maybe it's not that great of an autograph. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've always though Leetch had an interesting autograph. Hopefully I'll have some TTM success with him for an upcoming project of mine. I would love to have such a quality signature as part of that project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leetch's autograph is cool, but I can't tell his r, i, a, or n from his e, e, or c in Leetch. The l and the h are pretty funky, too. If that auto was by itself I'd have no idea who's it was. Maybe its just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Dave.....you might have something.

    I should start posting just the autographs and see if people can figure out who the signer is.

    I think the biggest reason I like the Leetch is that it is very unique. I bet every time you see his signature from now on, you'll know who it is of.

    ReplyDelete