Thursday, October 21, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 2010/11 Panini Certified

Well, it's been a couple years since Trevor Linden has been included in an official NHL release. With the release of Certified from the new kids on the block Panini, that all changed.

I had only heard about the product and Linden's inclusion into the set and I had heard for the ridiculous parallels involved, but today I managed to land not one....but two of the Linden's from the set.


2010/11 Panini Certified "Immortals"
Trevor Linden #170 /500

This is it! Trevor was included in the Immortals set along with names like Steve Yzerman, Jean Beliveau, Bryan Trottier, Phil Esposito, Lanny McDonald and Eric Lindros.

The card is strikingly similar to the regular base cards except for the words 'Immortal' down each side.

It's a nice card, although I would have really liked it if they would have used a photo of Linden in his yellow and black jersey. Now that would have stuck out in a crowd.

I picked this card up along with a few others - the inserts I mentioned yesterday. As well, the big card that had me really anxious to pick the lot.

The moment I saw it, I was thrilled that it was coming into my collection.


2010/11 Panini Certified "Immortals"
Trevor Linden #170
Mirror Emerald Signature /5

Oh yeah!!!!!!! Now this is one sweet card.

I will just let the picture do all the talking.


Here's the back. Normally I don't scan the back, but that serial number just looks awesome.

With all the Linden cards being released this year, I never thought this would be the first one to get crossed off the list.

In fact, when I first saw the checklist, I thought it would be a longshot at best to land one.

To the person who contacted me and gave me the heads up, thanks! You know who you are.

What a start to the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment