Friday, October 8, 2010

TIME TO BUILD UP THE FUNDS

Well, it has been a while since I have been excited about an upcoming hockey card release.

In fact, I can say without hesitation that I have never been this excited about an upcoming hockey card release.

Early November will bring about a product by In The Game that will have me scrambling the 'net and scouring ebay on the lookout for what I would consider the nicest Trevor Linden hockey card I have ever seen.


ITG Ultimate Memorabilia 10th Edition Trevor Linden Game Used Emblem

In a nutshell.....I want this card.

Probably more than any other card I have ever wanted for my player collection.

This card comes from the upcoming 'Ultimate Memorabilia' product - the 10th Edition. Each pack only includes 1 base card, 1 memorabilia card and 1 autograph card. Packs will easily run over $100. Hoo-boy.

That said, after seeing some of the other Game Used Emblem cards from previous releases, I can say without hesitation that these cards are stunning. And with a huge chunk of jersey in them - they have left me drooling to see more.

To know that there will now be a Linden amongst the group is nothing short of spectacular.

Now the big question - How much would I pay?

A year or two ago, there was a Trevor Linden/Roberto Luongo dual shield card from The Cup that went for about $1500. It now is nicely in the hands of the Linden collector who has helped me numerous times with my collection. So I was very happy to see that.


While part of me thinks that $1500 for a card is nuts, part of me would have jumped at that opportunity to get it (especially knowing that the card was pulled in a store in the city I live in). Go figure.

This card is in that same league to me. Now I'm not saying I'd pay $1500, or $1000, or even $500. I don't know what I'd pay. But I had better figure it out soon. Because if the opportunity does pass my way, I know I will only have one shot at it. Once it is into the hands of a Linden collector, it is extremely doubtful that it will ever come up for availability again.

I can't wait for the product to be released. I'm even debating purchasing some of the product (which is insane because it has a price tag that is just a step or two below The Cup).

Man what a start to the hockey season!

No comments:

Post a Comment