Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 2010/11 Limited Spotlight Gold

Mailday #2 of the new year and another rock solid Linden card crossed off the wantlist.


2010/11 Panini Limited
Legend Spotlight Gold /10

No....you're not seeing things. This card is almost identical to the one I posted yesterday say for the autograph and a couple minor details.

Another ebay pickup and another wallet grabber. This one came into my hands for a little more than I'd have preferred to have spent.

Often, I find that I get a little impatient when it comes to the real short printed cards (/10 or less). The window of opportunity to land these cards really is thin. I figure less than half of the copies will surface in the initial wave of the release, with maybe another 1 or 2 popping up later on down the road.

I have learned from past experiences that if I don't snag it sooner, there may never be a later.

It was never really an issue back in the day as Linden cards rarely hit less than 10 copies. Now though, there are quite a few cards with that distinction.

Not yet in a panic mode, but something to definitely keep mind of as I build my collection this year.

Now let's get back to looking at that card! She's a beaut!!

2 comments:

  1. Both the signed version and this one, are fantastic. I really can't find anything to critique it on, just a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice looking design.

    I just hope Panini can find a different Linden photo down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete