Saturday, October 13, 2012

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Artifacts Dual Patch

With Trevor's inclusion in both Artifacts and The Cup, Upper Deck has really upped their quotient of Linden cards available to me recently.  Lots to chase, tough decisions to make.....it's actually pretty fun.

But now In The Game has brought Trev back in another set.  This time there's a bit of a "newness" factor involved.

Forever Rivals features two storied franchises, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens.  An Originals Six fan's dream come true.  Trev has a few cards in the mix.  A few jersey and patch cards to chase as well as a really sharp looking autograph - signed in red (as all the Canadiens' signatures are....yes the Leafs are in blue).

More to look out for over the next little bit.  The wantlist has grown considerably over the past few weeks.

Which is why I'm really happy to cross one off that list as quickly as I typed it on.

2012/13 Upper Deck Artifacts
#93 Dual Patch  /15

I took a chance when I saw this auction had a "best offer" option.  With no other cards of this type being sold to this point I wasn't sure what to gauge this particular selection at.  I tossed in a price fully expecting to get a counter-offer.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found my offer was accepted.

While I'm not the biggest fan of this design (a couple of circles punched into a base card essentially) I will say that it does look a lot nicer in person.

While not a big dent this week, it's one more added to the collection.  I keep telling myself that it's not a race.  I'm in no rush to cross all of these off.

2 comments:

  1. Cool card! While this isn't my favorite version of Artifacts, it's still pretty good. Plus there are a bunch of Howard's in it for me to chase. Good luck with the rest of the Linden's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! There's an auto black Linden from Artifacts on eBay right now btw http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-UD-Artifacts-Trevor-Linden-Black-Parallel-Auto-5-5-/170922480717?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item27cbc6144d

    ReplyDelete