Friday, August 23, 2013

LINDEN CARD(s) OF THE WEEK - And The Hits Just Keep Ooooonnnnnnnn Comin'

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this summer of trade nights have been extremely beneficial to my Linden collection.  Last night was the third month out of four that I walked away stunned by the pickups.

You may recall the amazing 1/1 patch/auto from UM12 that I got to see pulled live in store (and then traded off to me in a deal for the ages).

It was just a couple months prior that I was shown this crazy patch 1/1 with no other intention than to have it placed in my pc.

I would just like to say a quick thanks to everyone who keeps and eye out for my Linden wants.  I get really excited by even a simple base card, but 1/1's???......that's just amazing.  Cheers!

Anyways, back to last night.  I was made aware of another gorgeous patch card (in fact, and eerily similar patch to the 1/1) and it was about as smooth a transaction as I could have imagined.

2012/13 ITG Ultimate Memorabilia 12
Game Used Patch Silver  /9

Wow!!!  I'm gob-smacked (again).  UM12 is turning out to be the product chase of a lifetime for me.  Looking at what I have so far and what's left...I'm just shaking my head at it all.

Speaking of products that put together a solid chase...Decades 80's made for one of the greatest accomplishments in my Linden collecting career.

It was a little over a year ago that I completed one of the greatest rainbows in my Linden collection.  What made it all the more sweet was that it was a fellow Linden collector who traded me the final piece of the puzzle (a 1/1 from his own pc).  Now that's more than I ever would have expected.

One card remained on my wantlist from Decades 80's.  A tough to find jersey/auto limited to just 6 copies.  I was starting to lose hope of ever seeing one let alone having a chance to obtain one.

And then I get a tap on the shoulder and a quick "Hey, have I gotta card for you".  I love when sentences start that way.

He went on to talk about how he had a nice jersey/auto with a cool sketch on the front.  I was baffled as I sifted through my mental checklist.  I couldn't figure out what card he was talking about.

He showed it to me and I think I actually twitched.

2010/11 ITG Decades 80's
#RJA-TL Rookie Jersey/Auto Black

Holy cow!!!  This card has eluded me for so long, and to see it pop up at trade night.......amazing.

I had already picked up the silver version (limited to 3 copies) and the always popular gold 1/1 so this was the last remaining card on the list.

(There's just one Linden card from the Decades 80's product that didn't make it into my collection.  I know what it is, I've seen a scan of it and I know who has it.  It's in a safe place).

Another rock solid easy trade and I was two for two with a pair of home runs.  That's a pretty good night at the plate.  A huge thanks to both Tom and "The Baron" for keeping me in mind when seeing those cards initially.  It is very much appreciated.

I can't wait for the next trade night.  Decades 90's!!

2 comments:

  1. Trade night has been very beneficial to say the least. Great group of guys that show up.

    ReplyDelete