Thursday, August 22, 2013

TRADEBAIT - It Just Spoke To Me

Another trade night has come and gone and it was yet another amazing evening for the Linden collection.  Not one but two additions - both stunners - came home with me.  In both instances it was because the person with the card said to themselves "I know a guy who might like this".

I love that about this hobby.

But before I scan in more Trev, I thought I'd share a card I picked up at the previous trade night.  I neglected to scan it as it just sat in my trade box but when I saw it last night I thought "Man, I need to scan it and show it off....it's just that nice."

When I first saw this card I knew I wanted to add it to my collection...even if it's just to put in my traders.  It just spoke to me.

Ever had that happen?

2008/09 O-Pee-Chee Premier
Penmanship
#PP-EM Evgeni Malkin  /100

Told ya'.  This Malkin not only has a solid card design, sweet spot for the signature and is serial numbered but it's got a great hard signed autograph....of one of the best players in the game today.

What's not to like about this card?

Only one thing for me.  I'd love it if the Penguins logo was visible on Malkin's jersey.  The sweet spot could be a little smaller.  But still.

Not the nicest scribe but that's today's player for you.  All in all it's a solid add to the collection and was able to pick it up for a couple cards that had been collecting a little dust.  Can't complain there.

Lovin' the trade nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment