Friday, October 24, 2014

K4K - Today Is The Big Day

In a little less than 9 hours from now, my nephew will participate in one of the biggest video game marathons on earth.  The goal is to raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals all around the world.


He has teamed up with an organization called Extra Life which promotes fundraising for this very worthy cause by playing video games.

Yes....it's sounds crazy.  But it also sounds real fun.

We have the video game room set up, I've cracked out the ol' Atari 2600 and my sister's been put in charge of ordering pizza for my nephew (and a few of his friends who will be stopping by to help out in the day).

While we are still short of our goal of $500, we have received a lot of positive comments, kind donations and have created some awareness to the cause.  Never....NEVER a bad thing.

If you are at all interested in learning more, there are links on the right-hand side of my blog to explain what Extra Life is and a direct link to my nephew's donation page if you'd like to help out.

For now, it's time to rest.  We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment