Tuesday, January 24, 2017

WALLET CARD - Another Biggie

I'm not going to lie to you......I really, REALLY enjoy building my Oscar Gamble collection.  #WalletCard has been such a fun quest over the past two years and I see no end in sight (well.....until I get all of his cards - a bigger possibility than my Linden collection).  It's a fraction of the size of my decades-long Linden PC and many of the cards are coming in at really low prices.

Shhhhhh...dont' tell anyone.

In fact, some of the lower numbered offerings (cards I thought I'd might have to pass on) are obtainable for very reasonable prices.  I like that.

I keep a keen eye out on both COMC and eBay and have been justly rewarded for my efforts.

2016 Topps Archives
#106 Jumbo 5x7 Gold  /10

Told ya' it was a big one.

This gold offering is 5x7 in size and numbered to just 10.  These oversized cards were not a part of any pack release, but rather a Topps store exclusive.  I didn't snag them off the Topps website and was kind of cringing when I thought of them hitting the secondary market.

But (as I've always said) patience is key.  After waiting for months, the price was finally right on this one.  In fact, I paid less for it than it's regular 5x7 counterpart /49.  Crazy to think.

In fact, the price was so good that I decided to do a little bundle.  The seller just happened to have a second #WalletCard that I needed.

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes
#184 Zip Code

A few months back I took a closer look at my Oscar Gamble master list and noticed a couple parallels on the Hometown Heroes card.  One said "State" and the other said "Zip Code".  A quick look on COMC revealed what that meant.

A simple foil add in the top right corner made these cards a tougher find.

But the price was right once again - especially with the combined shipping and it was a no-brainer.  Glad to cross these two off the list.


Back to the oversized card for a moment.  I decided to take a look at the Topps website to see what other exclusive Oscar Gamble items were for sale.  I shouldn't have looked.  I guess 5x7 isn't the biggest card one can get.

For $25us, one can get a 10x14 poster sized edition of the card (numbered to 99).  Not bad.

Oh....and there's a gold 1/1 10x14 for a cool hundred bucks.

I may have found a "card" that might not make it into my collection.  It might be a little too big.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Topps will include it in one of their big sales and offer the 1/1 for 50% off. Although $50 might still be a little steep.

    ReplyDelete