Sunday, April 2, 2017

WALLET CARD - A Nice Surprise Gift

Hoo boy....a couple weeks just flew by now.  I've been a busy guy at work and have had a couple plans throughout the weeks to get me to thinking that I need a vacation or something.

Actually, I've come to realize that I've just got a ton of stuff on my plate and need to shuffle some of it off.  But some of that is hard to do when you're in a bit of a design funk.

Power through....that's the best way to quell "writer's block".

In addition to a few new Linden pickups (which I'll show off in an upcoming post), I was the recipient recently of a very cool gift.  And seeing as today was opening day in the world of baseball....I figured it suited the vibe.

This Oscar Gamble signature came from an autograph collector who follows my #WalletCard twitter feed.  He commented on a couple posts of mine and we had a nice back and forth.  He then indicated that he had a Gamble auto from back in the day and asked me for my address.

Wha?????

Yeah, he just sent it off.....and he lives in the States.  And it arrived in a toploader to boot.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

This auto looks like it came from an autograph book as it has that kind of paper feel to it.  My immediate thought was to create a custom cut card from it (after I do the bazillion other things on my list) but it's a little large for a regular sized card.

But how about an oversized cut auto?

How about an oversized #WalletCard cut auto?

That's right....I'm thinking of creating a custom oversized cut auto using this signature and the iconic '76 Topps Traded card.  I can see it now.........frotastic!!!

This great gift is a reinforcement that doing good things means good things happen.  And to Frank, if you do read this.....thank you very much.  I will think of your kind gesture every time I look at this auto.

Now........back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment