Monday, August 19, 2024

LINDEN POSTER OF THE WEEK - Can Lightning Really Strike Twice??

One slick looking Linden poster, framed...found locally, is something that makes my day. 

My week.

Heck, my summer.

That happened last year.

So when I was scanning Facebook Marketplace for Linden items and this gem popped up, my jaw dropped when I saw that it was just a 10 minute drive away.

Can lightning really strike twice?

Are you kidding me??!!! This is Ace of Spades stuff. One of the top Linden posters to be had out there.

Framed, exquisitly (what is that...triple matted) with a custom presentation that just ties this all together with a big, bright, beautiful bow.

Let's take a closer look as I share where this comes from.

Might be tough to see, but there is a "Trevor Linden 16" embossed stamp in the lower left corner. So this is the real deal.

Not a "Vancouver Canucks" poster...but a "Trevor Linden, Vancouver Canucks" poster. Lovely.

The bottom has two coins...to allow easy appreciation of both the front and back of the custom Linden coin. It celebrates Trevor becoming the all-time team leader in games played, goals and points.

Again, matted beautifully. It just adds to the overall impressiveness of the piece.

Would have loved an authentic hand-signed offering, but I'm not going to complain. This is a slick, shiny, silver foil auto that they put in the bottom right. You can also see some key info.

03-04 Ticket Holder Limited Edition

Sadly, it's not numbered, so I can't be sure as to how many copies of this exist. I've seen a few out on the open market - some framed, some not. But none are as cheap as what I got mine for.

I absolutely love the photo selection used for this poster. It's the true highlight of the piece.

From his youthful, draft day photo to the iconic hug after game 6 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals, there is a great mix of images, placement and sizes.

This headshot is king though. I love this look and how they used this image on the poster. It just has a commanding feel. Scroll back up and tell me what you think.

The piercng stare is perfect.

This has been housed in its original frame all these years and was put up for purchase because (as the seller put it) "Ex forgot to take it when he left!...It's got to go!!"

Ha ha...does that mean I could barter the price down a bit?

In fact, it was. Listed at $45, I got her down to $40. She was happy to see it go to a good home and I couldn't be happier as I shelled out a pair of twenties.

I wonder what I'll find next summer?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You got a great deal. The custom frame job alone would probably set you back $100 or more. Toss in some unique coins and a really cool poster... and you got a steal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It was a “drop everything” moment when I saw it.

      And it looks even more stunning in person.

      Delete