Thursday, October 7, 2010

HOCKEY POOLS: My Second Draft

Last regular season was a good one for me when it came to the hockey pool I participated in.

I had a solid team and some fantastic goaltending which vaulted me into the lead early where I would stay for the season.

Well, last night was the first step for defending my championship. This draft was a little more interesting seeing as I had just participated in a draft earlier in the week. A couple players that slipped by me last time were on the radar this go around.


I ended up picking third (again) in a 9 person pool. I chose Green with my first pick (bypassing Malkin). I was not popular after that choice. I think if Green can score 25-30 goals, he will be one of the top guys in the entire draft.

Howard was not my first choice for goalies, but a lot of the big names were taken just before my pick. I'm thrilled though with my late picks. I wanted to get Selanne as my sleeper and landed him this time. I also had Comrie on the radar as well as he and Malkin are playing great together.

As with the other draft, we all chose 10 forwards, 4 defencemen and 2 goalies. The point structure is even the same so I can now put my two draft teams head-to-head to see which one performs better.

So I ask you..... which team is the better team? If you could only pick one..... which one would you take?

If you are in a pool or draft this season, best of luck and let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment