Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 1989/90 Topps RC Gem Mint

A rare Linden mailday is the focus of my Linden Card Of The Week.

I've seen a few of these pop up here and there and never really paid any attention to them until recently. I found an O-Pee-Chee version for a fairly good price and now I can match it up with the Topps version.


1989/90 Topps RC #89
PSA Graded Gem Mint 10

For $7.....SEVEN WHOLE DOLLARS....I grabbed a gem mint copy of my favorite player's rookie card. To me, that's a steal.

I think the reason why these graded cards have come down in price is the advent of laser cutting. Full sheets would be purchased and then cards would be laser cut and then submitted for grading.

I wish there was a way to determine if this card was laser cut or pack pulled. Obviously the later would be the more desired to me as it would feel a little more authentic.

Still, I am very happy to add this card to my collection.

Here's its twin brother.


1989/90 O-Pee-Chee RC #89
PSA Graded Gem Mint 10

A great looking pair if you ask me.

Now that I have these two, I'd like to track down some other high quality grading services' versions of gem mint Linden rookies (like BGS - Beckett Grading Services).

I won't pay an arm and a leg though. $7 will do just fine.

1 comment: