Sunday, October 18, 2009

CARDBOARD PHOTOGRAPHY - Marty Brodeur

I have long been a fan of sports photography. And to me, a great looking sports card is one that blends a superior photograph with a solid card design and layout.

Whenever I see a card that finds the best of both worlds, I will always stop to take a look and appreciate. I found one today and for .50 cents I thought I share it with you all.


2001/02 Bowman Young Stars Martin Brodeur #80

This great looking overhead shot shows the advances in hockey card photography. Back in the 60's, 70's, even 80's a shot like this would have been completely out of the question. Nowadays, you can get a shot from pretty much any angle (that's not always a good thing though).

This card not only utilizes the overhead shot to perfection, but it also highlights Martin's uncanny stickhandling ability. That put this card in a league of it's own.

The card design is not too busy and the starbursts around the border just add to the shot perfectly.

Proof that great looking hockey cards don't always have to be the most expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment