Sunday, November 15, 2009

1 vs. 100 - Another haul

I'm sitting here watching a pair of exciting CFL football playoff games this afternoon. Sitting at halftime of the second game, I thought I'd post an update of my 1 vs. 100 project.

I went to the monthly local card show here with the intention of picking up some more cards for this set. I've got to admit, it was a ton of fun sifting through boxes of cards looking for treasures (something that my Linden collecting has limited me to over the years).

In most cases, either the table had no cards I needed, or they were way more than I was willing to pay at this time.

One table had just what I was looking for. Excited, I began to place cards aside. I ended up with some pretty good additions.

Here they are...


I got this card /21 for a great price as the vendor was from Edmonton. He absolutely couldn't stand Heatley and just wanted to give away the card. Happy to oblige.


This card is a brick! Super thick. I've never owned a card from this set before. Where do you get soft sleeves or top loaders for them? Oh, and who is Steve Wagner? I don't really care as his card is numbered /35 (tough to see in the scan).


Now I knew this set existed (as I need the Linden), so I'm sure this won't be the last time we see one in my quest. They take some random stat of the player and make that many cards.

Here, we learn on this card /42 that Bouchard went into the 05-06 season with 42 career points.

Now you know.


Another set I am aware of (as I do have the Linden /16) and a big reason I'm going for this 1 vs. 100 set. This numbering make a little more sense. The card is numbered out of the player's jersey.

Parros is number 57. Voila.


Here's another lame stat. Doug Weight had 79 assists with Edmonton in the 95-96 season. I bet St. Louis was wondering where that stat went.


Now, I must say, that in my excitement and haste, I ended up making a boo-boo. I will chalk it up to a learning experience.


Who would have thought that a table would have 2 cards for sale numbered out of 57.

Oh well, Brad Park's autograph looks pretty cool (but that's a topic for another time).

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Go Stamps!

19 out of 100 (19%)

No comments:

Post a Comment