Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MAILDAY - Oooohhhhhh.... Redemption Time

I received a bubble mailer from Panini today. You know what that means - redemption card redeemed.

Now before you get all excited and jump for joy over what surely will be a historic mailday post, I'd like to point out that this is no ordinary redemption. It's an actual 'pack pulled' goodie from yours truly.

I'm not the biggest fan of redemption cards. I understand that they are a necessary evil in the hobby and a lot of times your wait is worth it when you see the end result. In this instance though....I think not.


2011/12 Panini Certified 
Freshman Signatures 
#177 Lance Bouma 

That's right! Number 57 in your programs but number one in your heart..... Lance.....Bouma.

 Bouma.

Now I am completely perplexed as to why this card is a redemption. The only possible reason I can think of is that when the product was produced, they didn't have a finalized checklist of rookies. Still, it just feels like it's not worth going through the process just to have this arrive at your doorstep.

I'd love to see something developed with regards to redemptions. Sort of a 'swap & go' mentality. If you don't want your redemption, you can trade it in for a card of equal or lesser value from a list of cards. That card would then be sent to you instantly (as the list available would only consist of ready to distribute cards).

The cards could be from the current season and even years past (it'll get rid of some of the older junk in the back of the closet). At the end of the day, I just don't feel like I've 'won' anything (and in my warped world....redemptions = winning something). You're getting something that wasn't there when you opened the pack.

Yes.......I'm just whining about landing a Lance Bouma card.

Bouma.

At least he signed it (that's right - it's hard signed.....or should I say hard scribbled).  Woo hoo.

Nope......still not impressed.

Bouma.

No comments:

Post a Comment