Saturday, April 12, 2014

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Striking The Patch

A big package arrived in the mail yesterday.  Massive bubbler.  Overkill if you ask me.....and a recipe for disaster.

A handful of toploaders just jingling around inside.  Thankfully none of the cards were damaged as the toploaders were taped at the top.  But still....dicey.

I won a Linden card on ebay a few weeks back and I knew that the seller had a number of other cards up for auction.  I started picking off auction after auction - many of the cards were $1 Masked Men (I'll pay that price all day long).

I even picked up a second Linden (not worthy of scanning), a Decades 90s jersey card....again for a buck.

But the main card was absolutely not a dollar pickup.  I wish it were.  But it's worth the few extra bucks I paid.

2012/13 In The Game Decades 90s
#M-44 Game-Used Patch Black

Limited to just 6 copies, this patch card was the second or third copy I've seen pop up.  I was calm and cautious on the outside but inside I really wanted this item.  Like I said, it was sitting at a pretty fair price and I knew that this might be my best shot at landing this piece.

It's a great three color patch, matching the jersey shown in the photo.  It's small things like that which really make a card complete.

And while I still have a number of cards left on the Decades 90s wantlist, it's nice to strike off one of the tougher items.


On a side note, there are a couple new Trevor Linden cards going on the wantlist.  Panini's latest offering - Playbook - has included Trev in just one insert set.  AUTObiography is a signature card (out of 99) so it should be a fairly easy snag.  There's also a gold 1/1.....meh.

Now I'm off to the post office.  Me thinks there's a very big Linden card waiting for me.  Stay tuned.

2 comments: