Thursday, March 12, 2015

1 vs. 100 - Another Trade To Announce

I'd like to think that I'm a guy who will help out when asked to.  Especially if I think the request is reasonable.

Which is why I was thrilled to help a fellow collector out when asked via Twitter.

I received a message a little over a month ago asking about my Chris Drury card (yes....you read that right) that I had in my '1 vs. 100' project.

This one to be exact.

It's a tough find with only 4 copies available.

I was asked if I'd be willing to part with it.  No problem.  I do however have a very particular list of necessities needed coming back my way.

See, I don't care that the card is a Chris Drury quad patch or that it comes from 4 different teams.  It's the little serial number on the front that does it all for me.

So I asked for a card /4, labeled on the front, not slabbed and no ITG in return.  Simple as that.

So the hunt was on.  It took a couple weeks but I did receive another message (with a scan) asking if we could come to a deal.

No prob.

This Brad Richards All-Star offering fits perfectly in the slot left vacant by the Drury.

Trade was made with no hiccups and now this card sits cleanly in my project.

It's not the first time I had a request for a low numbered card from my project.  Same result though.

Feels good to help out a fellow collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment