Tuesday, April 20, 2010

BEHIND THE MASKS: Gold Medal Masks

Part of the big mail haul I got the other day was some of this year's Between The Pipes insert sets.

In addition to adding a near full set of Masked Men, I snagged some of the Net Brawlers (very nice cards) as well as some mask cards from a few seasons ago.

My first show and tell will be the Gold Medal Masks cards.


What a great set. The quick turnaround on these photos is really impressive.

The concept is pretty obvious. Closeups of the goalie masks worn at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics - with photos of the goalies actually wearing the masks.

It was only a 9 card set, but still it's better than nothing.


Here's a closer look at the Roberto Luongo card. It was one of my more favorite masks from the Olympics.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...I'm a sucker for goalie masks.

1 comment:

  1. very cool... I've been wanting to put these together too... one of these days.

    ReplyDelete