Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!!! - Clint Malarchuk

Oh does this card bring back memories. Nasty memories.

The classic closeup painted to hide the old team colors.

This is one of my favorites. And by favorites, I mean 'most brutal'.


1987/88 O-Pee-Chee
#246 Clint Malarchuk

I love goalie masks. I hate this card.

Now that I have that off of my chest. I don't know at what point OPC decided that the ever popular "NOW PLAYING WITH ______" or "TRADED TO _______" was no longer applicable, but I just don't get the reasoning to re-paint a photo....badly.

With Photoshop a few years away, I can only imagine how card companies managed to perform this magical feat.

My favorite is when they paint the photo so the player is in the new colors...and then the player never dons the uniform. Beautiful. It's make the card some sort of 'error' card right?

What could be worse? Maybe a full head transplant? Stay tuned. :) :) :)

Clint, for you and all of your traded buddies from the 70's and 80's....

PPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!

4 comments:

  1. You could destroy it a lot quicker with a skate blade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has to be the worst I've ever seen... just brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True....but the bike spoke is so 'old school'.

    Wait until you see the next one.

    ReplyDelete