Wednesday, June 9, 2010

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!!! - Rogie Vachon

Alright. I alluded to it in my last "To The Bike Spokes" post and today, I will unveil what I consider the 'holy grail' of crappy cards.

This one goes back a long ways. It shows just how badly a card company tries to be relevant by having photos of players in their current team's uniform.

Prepare for the ugly!!!


1971/72 O-Pee-Chee
#156 Rogatien Vachon

Actually, it should say "Rogatien Vachon's face"....because that's not his body.

What a butcher job on that cutout. At least try to get a guy with the same level of tan as you. Or maybe some consistent body hair.

Rogie had been a Montreal Canadien his entire career until he was sent to Los Angeles. OPC decided it would be best to plunk his face on the body of a current Kings' player.

Wrong move.

By the way, that Kings' player...Ross Lonsberry.


FANTASTIC!!! In a bad way.

I think the clincher for me is the smirk on Vachon's face. What a terrible card.

For an all-time great card.....here's to you.

PPPPFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!!!!

6 comments:

  1. To quote Jeff Albertson a.k.a. Comic Book Guy: "Worst. Episode. Ever."

    I don't think I ever seen anything worse than that on any sports card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's always been one of the all time, uh.... greats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't make cards like that anymore. Computers have taken the romance out of the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of those. Pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After they traded Ross to Philly, didnt Topps just flip his photo on the 73 card? And thank God that Rogie never cut his mustache off again.

    ReplyDelete