Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1 vs. 100 - Halfway There

Well, it's a milestone mailday for my 1 vs. 100 project.

I started this collection less than a year ago and I find myself today sitting at exactly the halfway point.

Two cards from ebay pop me to the 50 card mark.


2006/07 Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Achievements
#UA-TV Tomas Vokoun /36

One of the great things about this project is that I have seen some cool looking cards that I've never crossed paths with in the past. This card is one such example.

I really like the design....for some odd reason. It looks disjointed and 'boxy', but it has an appeal that I like. Maybe it's the textured color in the background (which does not show well in the scan), maybe it's the hard signed autograph (kind of sloppy, kind of cool) or maybe it's because it's numbered out of 36.

The last one is all that matters in the end.


2008/09 SP Game Used
Significant Numbers
#SN-NZ Nikolai Zherdev /13

It's always nice to knock off a card with less than 15 as a print run. I've said it before and I'll say it again....these Significant Numbers inserts will prove to play a huge role in this project.

It's nice that Nik has stumbled career-wise as this card was brought in for a price I was more than happy to pay.

As mentioned, that puts me at 50 cards. I'm going to get a little more serious with the search this fall. My goal is to have less than 20 cards remaining by the end of the hockey season. Let's see how accurate I will be.

50 out of 100 (50%)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the halfway mark. This is definitely one of the more interesting collection projects I've seen in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching half! A couple of nice autos in the collection.

    ReplyDelete