Saturday, October 30, 2010

SCRIBBLES & SCRIBES - New Jersey Devils

A recent card show inspired this post. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was flipping through some singles boxes and came across these cards.


Alex Brooks
SCRIBBLE

Now apparently, the names Alex and Brooks are spelled with the exact same letters. Either that, or Mr. Brooks just created his own brand new way of spelling.

"Around the block twice, a loop-dee-loop and home".

These scribbles just never will go away will they.

Hold on.....wait a minute. What's this?


Frank Doyle
SCRIBE

I can't believe it! An NHLer that is younger than 25 and has a legible signature. Do my eyes deceive me?

Funny thing is, this is one heck of a boring signature. Yes, it's one I can make out and he does have good penmanship. But there is just no flare in his autograph. Maybe that 'F' but there is just not much more than that.

Still, I applaud you Frank Doyle. Thank you for giving me hope that there are be players out there who can sign their names with some level of competency.

Now if you could just break into the NHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment