Saturday, February 12, 2011

1 vs. 100 - Are You Kidding Me?

It was local card show day today and I'll just say I'm very happy I went. A number of great deals, great finds and a couple of extra cool items left with me this afternoon.

I'll first show off a couple of awesome cards for my 1 vs. 100 project. It's been a little slow with cards for this project lately...partially because I just haven't been aggressively searching, but also because this project is getting down to the nitty gritty.

That makes today's score all the better.


2008/09 The Cup
Honorable Numbers
#HN-PM Peter Mueller /88

I really like this card because it is a unique entry into the project. The more diverse I can make this collection, the better. The one patch is boring, but the second patch more than makes up for it. And to see it hard signed makes it even a greater snag.

It's a really great design and definitely makes you take notice when sifting through the cards in this project so far.

I've seen this card many times staring me in the face, but the price tag was more than I was willing to go for. But when the card is priced at about 60% off...I'll bite.

Now, this second card was one I never thought I'd find.

Searching for low numbered cards got me thinking that it might get a little pricey. You know, cards numbered /2, /3, /4 - these cards won't have scrub players on them. I mean, who would put no-names on a card and number it out of 2?


2010/11 SP Game Used
Famous Faceoffs
#N1709 Colton Orr/Matt Carkner /2

Seriously? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this card. It was as if this card was made for my project.

It's such a cool looking card.....with two guys that I can't even believe have memorabilia cards, let alone one /2. I look at it and I still shake my head. I wonder if they made anything numbered out of 3?

What's even better is that the card was originally priced at $80 - which I would probably have jumped at. Thing is, it was on for half price.

He shoots, he scores!

73 out of 100 (73%)

2 comments:

  1. i have a few i would like to send you to add to your collection...how do i get your mailing address.....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thanks for the offer. That's very kind.

    If you want to send me your personal e-mail via this comment board (I won't post the comment), I can get in touch and go from there.

    Cheers and have a good one.

    ReplyDelete