Friday, April 8, 2011

Article: COMING SOON...Card Photography

It's been a long time since I've done any writing for anything outside of this blog. I've been meaning to do some articles for one of the hobby magazines I subscribe to, but I always seem to push it down the priority list.

That's been bothering me quite a bit.

So I took the first step to change that this week by contacting someone I have been wanting to talk to for quite some time. I cold called him and asked if I could conduct an interview. He kindly accepted and off I went.

His name is Jeff Vinnick and he is the team photographer for the Vancouver Canucks. I've been a big fan of hockey photography and his work especially. He's taken some of my all-time favorite photos (including a number of photos from the night Trevor Linden played his last game).


I talked to him for about a half hour and I am planning on writing a 2-3 page article.

Should have it done in the next couple weeks. I'll be sure to post it up here once it has been published. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Funny enough I did a PowerPoint presentation about Jeff Vinnick in Photo class this year...he has some very memorable photos

    ReplyDelete