Monday, April 11, 2011

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 2010/11 Panini Limited Retired Numbers Autograph

A long awaited mailday...redemption style!

This card is only the second Linden card I have ever redeemed myself and I'll admit, I was a little nervous. After all, it's tough dishing out cash for a decoy card with only a serial number on it.

Well, it only took 3 months but today it arrived. And before I show it off, I'd like to just say how extremely disappointed in the minimal protection my card received from Panini.

Yes, the card was in a penny sleeve. Yes, the card was in a toploader. Yes, the card was in a bubble envelope. But that's it. It would not have taken much to see this card get nicely bent in the mail.

Some simple reinforcement would have been appreciated.

Anyways, on to the card.


2010/11 Panini Limited
Retired Numbers Signatures /49

Alright. One more beef. Is it too much to ask to have the autograph placed on the card straight? The sticker looks like it was just slapped on the card. I'm not a fan of sticker autographs, but understand the reason for them. Heck, there are some great looking card designs utilizing sticker autos. It's tough to tell there's even a sticker used.

Not the case here. It was glaringly obvious the second I pulled the card out of the envelope. That's not what my eye should be drawn to instantly.

Alright.....I promise....no more bickering about this mailday.

I'm really glad this card has landed in the collection and it leaves me with just two more cards to finish the 10/11 Limited collection for my Linden PC. One is the 1/1 parallel of this Retired Numbers card, the other is a 'tough to pull the trigger on' Vintage Pucks Signatures /10. I've seen a few so far and they go for big cash.

This card is the start of what I know will be a great week of Linden cards. I've got another couple goodies on their way so stay tuned.

1 comment: